2. Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, driving licence or other personal identification documents and credit card information. Users may also be asked for information about their vehicle and vehicle key. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. We will never collect or process any data defined as “Special categories of personal data” within the Data Protection Act 2018.
3. Basis for processing your personal information
KeyNOW will only process your Personal Information where we have a valid lawful basis to do so. This lawful basis will include at least one of the following:
- Performance of a contract: When we process your Personal Information in order to be able to provide one of our products or services to you;
- Legal obligation: When we are required to process your personal information to comply with the requirements of the law.
- Consent: When you have given us your explicit consent to process your Personal Information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: When we use your Personal Information for other legitimate purposes, which we will only do when our interests are over-ridden by your interests or rights.
Where we rely on consent as the lawful basis on which we process your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
4. Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
5. Web browser cookies
6. How we use collected information
We may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, they may do so by contacting us via our Site.
- To improve our Site
- To process payments
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send periodic emails
7. How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
8. Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
9. Retention of Personal Information
We keep your Personal Information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with the law and relevant guidance. We never retain your Personal Information for longer than is necessary.
10. Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
12. Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you can exercise in relation to the Personal Information we process about you.
- the right to access a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your Personal Information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your Personal Information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we will need to verify your identity first before we can proceed. This helps us to protect the Personal Information of our customers against fraudulent requests.
13. Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
14. Contacting us