This Privacy Statement governs the manner in which KeyNOW collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a "User") of keynow.com website. This statement applies to the Site and all products and services offered by us.
2. Personal identification information
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our website, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, driving licence or other personal identification documents, details about their vehicle and key and payment information.
We do not collect or process any information defined within “special categories of personal data” under the UK GDPR.
3. How we use your personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide goods and services, for example, if you purchase a replacement key.
- To process payments and deliveries.
- For customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently.
- We may use your email address to provide useful information and updates relating to your order.
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services, including our website.
- If you have consented to receive our news and updates via email.
4. Our lawful basis for processing personal information
KeyNOW will only process your Personal Information where we have a valid lawful basis to do so. This lawful basis will include at least one of the following:
- Performance of a contract: When we process your personal information in order to be able to provide KeyNOW products or services to you.
- Legal obligation: When we are required to process your personal information to comply with the requirements of the law.
- Consent: When you have given us your explicit consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose such as to receive our newsletter. Where we rely on consent as the lawful basis on which we process your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- Legitimate interests: When we use your personal information for other legitimate purposes, which we will only do when our interests are over-ridden by your interests or rights.
5. Website cookies
Our Site uses "cookies" and other similar technologies. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your device. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your device and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
For more details on the cookies we use and how to edit your cookie preferences, please see our Cookie Notice.
6. How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
Our website uses industry standard SSL to keep data secured is encrypted and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
7. Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you can exercise in relation to the Personal Information we process about you.
- the right to access a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your Personal Information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your Personal Information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we will need to verify your identity first before we can proceed. This helps us to protect your information against fraudulent requests.
8. Sharing your personal information
We won’t share your personal information with any other businesses for them to use for their own marketing purposes. We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law.
Like most businesses, we use specialist service providers to help us operate our business. We have appropriate agreements in place with these suppliers and any necessary sharing of
information between us is conducted securely.
9. Retention of personal information
We keep your personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with the law and relevant guidance. We never retain your personal information for longer than is necessary.
10. Links to other websites
Please remember if you use a link to go from our website to another website, or you request a service from a third party, this Privacy Statement will no longer apply once you have left
our website. Your browsing on any other website is subject to that website’s own rules and policies.
11. Changes to this Privacy Statement.
We may update this Privacy Statement at any time. We encourage you to check frequently for any changes to stay up-to-date about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
12. Contacting us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices or your dealings with this Site, or for any technical problems, suggestions, site improvements, etc please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at KeyNOW, Unit 1a Acre Park, Dalton Lane, Keighley, Yorkshire, BD21 4JH.